Trans-exclusionary radical feminists are transphobic white and well off women who think that trans women are a greater threat to women than right wing homophobic extremists and fundamentalists. They recycle all the right wing transphobic talking points and theories, but wrap them in the fake colors of "gender critical feminism."
Some of them are soccer mums who so afraid of social exclusion that they are willing to sacrifice the happiness of their own trans children on the altar of binary compliance in order to fit in. The most aggressive activists, however, are militant lesbians who fear that trans women will erase the clear binary they believe they need to live out their hatred of men.
Do not be deceived. Their brand of feminism is toxic and causes a lot of suffering in LGBTQA circles. Most feminists shun them.
Here are some posts on Trans Express that cover trans-exclusionary radical feminists, also known as "gender critical":
- Finally, a feminist revolt against the transphobic TERFs of Britain (March 2020)
- The real roots of TERF ideology (February 2020)
- The TERF/Right Wing Alliance is now out in the open (February 2020)
- Lesbian TERFs are using the same arguments against trans people as homophobes use against lesbians (November 2019)
- 10 ways of handling transphobic feminists online (October 2019)
- Are cis women responsible for the murders of transgender women? (September 2019)
- Female Editors Reject AfterEllen, Other Sites' Anti-Trans Agenda (January 2019)
- WPATH shoots down “Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria! (September 2018)
- It was never about the bathrooms (August 2018)
- Everything You Need to Know About Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria (September 2018)
- No, Jesse Singal, the fact that life is complex does not mean that you cannot trust the identity of transgender people (July 2018)
- If gay people can safely be teachers, then trans people can safely use bathrooms (2017)
- Why do TERFs feel this need to tell trans people what it means to be trans? (June 2017)
- Transgender bathroom segregation? We have been there before. (May 2017)
- There’s nothing feminist about being a bigot (February 2016)
- Dear trans women who want to fuck lesbians (July 2015)
- What are TERFs? (January 2015)
- Answering question about TERFs (trans-exclusionary radical feminists (December 2014)
On this site: